Thursday, August 21, 2014

Braces


Now Playing - Heart Made Up On You by R5


Oh boy, it had been so long since I've updated this blog. Laziness got the better of me and I tend to let my procrastinating habit kick in when I wanted to update the blog. Finally, it's time to write something here again. The importance of having a blog even if no one reads them is to having something to look back to in the future when I'm older. You can also tell that the way I type is so much different from 5 years ago. Who knows maybe in the future someone close to me may be reading this?

As I have mentioned before, I wanted to put braces. And I finally did 4 months ago. To think that I had finally got my ass up and did something I actually wanted, miracle. My dentist told me the whole journey may take around 2 years though, which means in another 1 year and 8 months my teeth is a free man ... or teeth again. I can't wait to see the vast difference by then. Although it's only the 4th month of my treatment, my teeth structure had already changed ALOT. Take a look at this.


3rd May 2014.


This is the hideous set of teeth that I had with me for the past 22 years. Oh wait it's not 22 years, more like 10-12 years actually (Quite obvious right?). Really, I had no idea how crooked my teeth are until I took this picture. Not even any one of my single tooth is actually upright and at the correct position. I wonder how I had survived eating with this set of horrible tools.

My current orthodontist is Dr Poon from My Braces Clinic. It's located at Orchard Road, Shaw House level 10. She's a very professional orthodontist and I'm glad to have visited her. I'm not using the traditional braces, instead I'm using a type of "Self Ligating Braces" called Damon Braces. It is said to be more efficient than normal braces because the brackets does not have to be tied down with rubber bands which induces friction. Not sure if it's true but I decided to go with it anyway since I've read positive certain reviews on it from various Singaporean blogs. It cost me around S$5,600 for the braces not inclusive of extractions and polishing/scaling. The extraction cost was around S$300 in total. It's actually quite cheap since I'm extracting SIX tooth, 2 molar and 4 premolar. Man, those few days after my extractions was the bomb, so painfully hungry.

21st August 2014.


Now my set of teeth is much better, and it will be better as time goes by. 2 years will pass by before I even know it and I really hope my realigned set of teeth can let me have more self confidence. It's quite a bummer not being able to smile widely because you know that your teeth are horrendous. Those days will be gone soon, those days...

No comments :