Sunday, March 23, 2014

PC Overhaul


Now Playing - Waiting For Superman by Daughtry

It's been quite a monotonous month and I've not much stuff to blog about lately. Things were just going on day by day, nothing unusual. I've been training hard for my IPPT this coming April and hope to maintain my silver by then. With that, I can carry on with my braces without worrying about needing to take IPPT again. 

Having said all of these, what's life if it's only all about work and no play right? Which is why I've decided to overhaul my 3 year old computer. Estimated to cost around $2000 this time round. I've wanted something special and thus I'm going with an all white build which is quite uncommon. However, the tough part is to find parts that are mostly white since majority of the components are black. After ample researching I have finally managed to build my own white PC.

Testing in progress...

A computer consists of several parts that are working together to get you the best experience possible. There are actually 7 important parts, and 6 not so important parts.

Motherboard 
Processor
Ram
Graphics Card
Power Supply
Casing
Storage Drives

Optical Drives
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Speakers
Additional Fans


Overall, putting a computer together is a very interesting and fun process which takes some knowledge to be able to complete it. It's actually my hobby, and thus I enjoy every minute putting a computer together. However, it's quite an expensive hobby because I'm not going to buy and build so often, I don't need a new computer every week. Hence I started building computers for my friends if they want someone to suggest parts for their new computer.





And that's my end product, looks rather clean and nice. Total, I've spent about $2,235 for this new computer, with the most expensive part being the Graphics card, which costs $605. All that said, it's money well spent if I enjoy it. Hope this new computer will last me for around 3 to 4 years.

No comments :