Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Career


Have you ever wondered what are we studying for? It is to prepare us with essential knowledge and skills to take up various jobs when the time comes. Most of us will have jobs nearly our whole life unless you get to strike toto or somehow get to marry a rich guy or girl (嫁入豪门).

Starting pay varies, with qualifications and job scope being the determine factor of your salary. In general engineering jobs, one can expect to be paid as such.

Diploma Holders: $1,800+
Degree Holders: $2,700+
Degree Holders with at least 2nd class Honours: $2,800+

With the ever increasing standard of living in Singapore and factoring in the inflation rate, will such amount of salary suffice for us? Probably not. Education ain't cheap either, a typical Degree Holder will be spending over $20,000 for a single piece of paper in the course of 3 to 4 years. You'll be in tied to a debt by the time you graduate. Is it worth it? I don't think so. However, there isn't seem to be a choice nowadays as Degree are becoming the next O-Levels. It's a sin to not have it.

Careers aside, I should start creating my android application soon. It seems like for the past few months I am not really motivated to start anything, but I will need to do it for having another source of income to even have a chance to reach my target of having a cash pile of 1 million dollars in the bank by 40 years old.

Oh, while I was driving these few days, a song got me mesmerized and it got stuck in my head without me knowing. Colleagues are somehow getting irritated by my humming. The song is La La La by Naughty Boy. Seems like a joke song right? Nope it's quite nice actually, video right below.




No comments :