Wednesday, February 12, 2014

RSAF Air Show 2014


Now Playing - Cruise by Floria Georgia Line feat. Nelly


The biennial Singapore Airshow is here again. It is hosted by RSAF at Changi East Airbase and will be on show from 11th to 14th Feb for invited guests only and 15th to 16th Feb for the public. For the public viewing, tickets are sold at $17 if I am not wrong. Working in the government sector, I've managed to get a pass to visit the show for free! Haha that's another benefit of working in a government agency, the other being iron rice bowl (铁饭碗). 

We were given half day off from our usual working hours to visit this event, how awesome is this? Sadly, there is no parking slot allocated for us since it's mostly for VIPs. So we have to drive to somewhere nearby and park there before taking a taxi into the secluded camp. The first thing I noticed when we reached the show is there's alot of people. Most are not Singaporeans, mostly foreigners with half of them donning their countries military uniforms.
As we went on a weekday, there's only 1 time slot of the dynamic air show and we happened to missed it. Shucks for sure, but there's far more than just the dynamic air show though. There's a exhibition hall which comprises of various companies showcasing their military and aviation products and a static display field full of awesome aircrafts. We went into the exhibition hall first to take a look at what's cool nowadays and viola lots of interesting stuff on display.

Singapore made gun, should be a SAW.

Another Singapore made gun which shoots explosives.
5.56mm rounds! The ones we used for our SAR21 during NS.
Terrex, a armored vehicle used by the Singapore Army.
Moving on, I found a lot of very nice looking models of planes and what not. Not sure how much time they took to scale down a plane to a model with such precision. Perhaps if I had studied design I would understand more on how they did that. But still, it looks cool though.

Airbus 350 model.

Should be a F16 model.

Finally, lets move on to the big guns, the aircraft static display. I can tell you I was overwhelmed by the sheer size of some of the aircrafts. They are seriously damn huge! Well they do display small ones to, some even smaller than my own car lol. Still, it was a very interesting and unique experience to be able to stand under some of the aircraft's turbine.


This aircraft looks huge even from far!!

Ok sir I will take this as my own.
My very own USA cargo aircraft with me!
It has a very big butt hole..

Apache if I am not wrong.
Not sure what aircraft is this.


This trip is a very enriching one as I get to see alot of different aircrafts around the world. If you are a fan of planes, you HAVE to come. Too much stuff for you to see, worth the 17 bucks. If there's any complaints, it's just too damn bloody hot there, prepare an umbrella or something along the line and an extra $10 for the surcharge for taking a cab back home from that secluded area.

No comments :