Monday, November 18, 2013

Food Hunt

Food Hunt

It's been quite awhile since I've met up with Sing Gee and Ding Ping to hunt for food, mostly due to NS and personal commitments. We finally managed to free up last Sunday for a meetup session and food hunt. 

This time round is quite a unique one, Sing Gee had actually found a Korean Vegetarian Stall. It's called  涵義 Hanyi Vegetarian and it's located opposite of Tai Seng MRT Station, Sakae Building. Odd choice for a location, since it's sort of a industrial park and chances are not many people will get to know this place at all. I've heard they are moving out by the end of this month though to a new location at Serangoon. Hope they will last long because they do sell very unique vegetarian dishes that you don't get to see it everyday. For us, getting there is a breeze because of my own car and it's near our house too. (East Side). It's located inside a food court and I really do hope they can expand their business into opening a stall of their own.


It is a ulu place but worth the trip and effort to go there and try if you are a Korean Fanatic. Their menu is a tad small, but still enough for you get interested for a whole week. Besides Korean dishes, they do have western dishes too such as Spaghetti and Baked Rice. This is a selection of their dishes.


I ordered the Korean Army Stew Noodle, Ding Ping ordered the Bibimbap with Gochujang as the flavour and Sing Gee ordered Al Fungi for our dinner. Their dishes are quite cheap too, only $4.50 for most and it is another reason why you should come here. Ding Ping ordered the Bibimbap with Gochujang. At first, we were laughing at the weird dish name "Bibimbap" as we don't know what it was until I googled and found out it was just Korean Mixed Rice. Pretty interesting, even though the name itself literally makes my tongue twist when saying it. The flavour "Gochujang" is some sort of hot pepper chili which doesn't tastes like chili at all. It taste abit like durian chendol which makes the Bibimbap a little weird but still nice to eat. 



I ordered Korean Army Stew Noodle, which is basically Korean style Maggie Mee I think, since the noodles looks like Maggie Mee(curly curly). However, the soup taste good, something like Kimichi mixed with cheese and it has a very unique smell. 

Sing Gee ordered the Al Fungi. It was quite salty according to him, but I do like salty stuff so I don't find it bad. So, if you guys are not into salty food, steer clear of the Al Fungi.Overall, their dishes are very good and unique since I think this is one of the few if not the only Korean Vegetarian seller in Singapore. The food there literally made my nose drip because it's too shiok to slurp on the soup. Damn nice lah. I think we should find this type of unique Vegetarian stall more often. There is  also a Japanese Vegetarian Restaurant at Lucky Plaza, very unique too. I shall bring them there on our next trip.
After which, we had a great chat about all sorts of things at Tampines Mall Delifrance like we used to do before we enlist. Should ask them out more often, miss those days. Oh well, everyone is so busy now as time goes by. Shall sleep early tonight, gonna be a long day tomorrow. Shall dedicate this song to everyone before I go, stuck in my head for quite some time after I've watched 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2' with Huitong, damn awesome tone. Maybe I like humming songs alot lol.



No comments :