Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Passion


Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.

We have been taught in school English, Maths, Geography, etc. But have we been taught to find our passion? Nope. Different people have different passions, some may want to be a famous vocalist, some may want to be a billionaire and some may just want to be a teacher. For me, my passion is ... Truth to be told, I have not found my passion. I used to think that I have found my passion. I was dead wrong though. Most of us are confused between passion and hobbies, and I am one of them.

Passion are often confused with Hobbies, however there is a critical difference. A Hobby is a "pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation." Passion on the other hand, are not relaxing. Passions don't leave you alone. Passions insert themselves into your life whether you have time for them or not. Passions excites you and drive you crazy at the same time. We think of a passion as something or someone we love, an overwhelming feeling of devotion and obsession. In older English, passion also means suffering.

Can you turn a hobby into passion? You could, but it's not easy. Nothing will be able to stop you from pursuing it, regardless of how high the price you might have to pay for it. You can sacrifice your time, money, sleep and youth for it. 
You have the determination and perseverance to do it for your entire life. If that's something you can do for something or someone, you have found your passion. 


"A hobbyist photographer will love the click of the shutter and the magic of a great image. A passionate photographer will continue to pursue that magic despite bad days, early mornings, tough clients, expensive equipment, and all other things that would stop a hobbyist in their tracks."

I used to think that my passion is to become a programmer, seems that I was wrong. They are my hobbies though and although it seems geeky, I am putting it into good use in my work. That alone had paid off on hours spent on researching and understanding more on the PC. I'm sure it's better than some other hobbies such as playing the guitar, becoming a overly crazy Kpop fan, sports car fan boy(when most can't even afford them),  solving the rubicks cube and so forth. These are some hobbies people do to be in the trend and when the craze dies down,most of them will not be motivated enough to continue pursuing their 'hobbies'. Regardless, 
I am still trying to find my passion though, it's not easy, though I still have a lifetime to search for it.

You may have found your hobbies, but have you found your passion?


Speaking of hobbies and passion, I have finally got this 23" monitor for the price of $253 with a earpiece as a free gift, not a bad deal I suppose. My new computer is pretty much ready soon, just another few more parts it seems. Last but not least, one of my favorite songs.








No comments :